Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just more January days

Kip is running the car to the car wash, Caleb is sledding off our backyard in the new snow, Ella is trying out her bike on the shoveled sidewalk, and Rachel is fast asleep, so here I am.  Life is good!  We've still been enjoying the winter; Caleb commented this week: "It's 23 degrees (as per our thermometer), it's getting warm!"  Hee hee.  It IS warmer than -15, so I guess he's right.

Caleb is getting excited for his birthday, he is old enough now to anticipate a party and presents, woo hoo!  I have some dinosaur decorations hidden in the closet, which I think will be a pretty big hit, and we are going to buy him swimming lessons at the Rec Center.  He is also hoping to get a little cash; he needs $12 more to get the giant Lego tank he's been eyeballing at the store the last few times we've been there. I'm proud that's he's saved and not decided to buy smaller things; good lesson learned.

He got to go skiing for the first time last week with his school; every school around here has Ski School days where the whole school rides up to a mountain and goes skiing with instructors.  They can go for two days, but kindergartners can choose to only go for one, which I opted for.  I didn't know for sure how it would go.  Of course, he loved every minute of it, and called me "mean" for not paying for the second day; he also was upset because he didn't have any ski goggles.  I told him he could use his money to buy some, but he said he'd rather wait and get his Lego tank. :)  Now that he's been introduced to skiing, Kip is excited to take him up on the mountain sometimes for daddy-son skiing fun.

Last weekend we made a day trip to Denver to visit the temple, and visited the pet shop that is right across the street.  The kids want a dog and cat, we already knew that, but this time around they thought the mice and rats were pretty awesome, too.  Well, at least we wouldn't need a fence for one of those, eh?

Now that the holidays are over, I'm back to finishing the house painting - almost done!  I love love LOVE all the pretty colors on my walls and wish I had "before" and "after" pictures to show you.  Whoops.  Caleb's room is still waiting; he's been so patient while I did all the rest of the house and can't wait until his room is blue. I'm getting pretty good at lines and corners, so we should be able to whip out his room pretty fast.

The girls are doing just fine, Ella has fun doing pretty much anything and Rachel is learning new things every day, like how to empty drawers of all their contents and how to say she's done eating by throwing food off the tray.  Most recently she learned that if she pulls herself up, she can reach the toilet paper roll:
As you can see, she is very proud.  I wrote in her baby book this month that she is officially tornado #3 - nothing more fun that pulling everything apart!  She has her top two teeth coming in and even sometimes grinds them together.  ???  Hope that's not a problem.  She tried pickled beets this week and loved them!
Kip's home, the other kids are back inside, time to go ! 

No comments: