Us planning meals in the car yesterday...
Me: I am making macaroni and cheese for dinner, so what should we have for lunch?
Ella: Macaroni and cheese! (Rachel: Macaroni!)
Me: Since we're having that for dinner, should we have something else for lunch?
Caleb: Noodles! (Rachel: Noodles!)
Me: Aren't noodles and macaroni kind of the same thing?
Caleb: No. They are different. You eat noodles with cheese, and macaroni with...*pause*...cheese. I guess they're kind of the same. *pause* But they have different kinds of cheese, so they are not the same.
What did we have for lunch? Noodles and cheese, of course!
_________________________________________________
Eating our oatmeal for breakfast this morning...
Ella: I love to mix in the blueberries because it makes my oatmeal turn colors!
Me: Yeah, kind of purple-y?!
Ella: No! Orange and white!!
Of course, what was I thinking? :)
_________________________________________________
Caleb: I am all done with my oatmeal. I ate half so I have energy for soccer, but I don't want to eat it all, or else I might get fat.
(I think I need to stop letting him watch The Biggest Loser with me...)
_________________________________________________
The kids have no cavities, the baby is growing fine, Kip's still employed, Caleb made two assists at his soccer game, Ella built a lovely frog habitat in the backyard, and Rachel has started calling Caleb "Cub," which sounds a little better than what she has always called him..."Butt." (Her version of Bud.) That always made me giggle. "Night night Ella! Night Night Butt!" "C'mon Ella Butt! Es go!" She loves to look at baby, which means pulling up my shirt and patting the stretchy pants panel. We are all excited to meet her - 7 more weeks! (Hopefully not 8 more!)
No comments:
Post a Comment