Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Did I mention I'm a Halloween scrooge? Bah, humbug!

I like Halloween...I love getting costumes together, decorating, face painting, pumpkin carving, playing Ghostbusters and Monster Mash and lots of other cool music...but after one big celebration I'm pretty much done.  So we had the ward party Saturday night, and I was no longer interested in the actual Halloween on Monday.  Bah humbug.  Because then I have to clean up the costumes all over, the make-up all over, everything else that hasn't gotten done all over, and deal with about 147 pounds of candy in the house.  Boo.  (Boo-I-don't-like-that, not boo-are-you-scared.)
Now, it's done.  Whew.  The kids love it all so much you can't help but smile.  And they were pretty darn cute.
It was nice this year that I have reached that point, after years of making costumes, where I can say, "What do you want to be this year?  We have this whole bucket to choose from..."  :)  Nice.  I did purchase Caleb's Power Ranger costume, but managed to find it on Amazon for $6.36 shipped.  Double nice!  The other three are from years past.  Love it! 
So, Happy Halloween!  On to Thanksgiving!  Yay! 

No comments: