Thursday, December 22, 2011

The most productive hours of the day

Lately, the most productive hours of the day seem to be 9 pm - 2 am.  So, here I am.  Bedtime soon, but wanted to record the week before the morning comes and all my adorable children wake up. :)
The kids are usually so good about entertaining McKinley or taking care of her for a moment while I do something important like go to the bathroom.  Ella especially loves carrying her all around and practicing her mommy skills.  And sometimes I laugh, like when I see this:
It's the "let's pile all the toys ON her, that will be awesome!" game.   Kinley actually seems to like it!  She can sit up with the help of her boppy, and she cut her first two teeth on Sunday.
Rachel played the "I wonder what will happen when I stick my head in the flour bucket" game.  Oh, it will turn my head white and mom will take me outside to dust my head on the grass.  woo hoo!

We decorated our gingerbread houses with the Smiths, that was a lot of fun.  (My thanks to Sarali for the "perfect" gingerbread house and frosting recipe.  I will never go back to broken-graham-cracker-and-lame-drippy-frosting again!)  The kids try to jam as much candy as they can onto their houses, since they know they get to eat it over the next few days.  Yummmm.
(Also - can you see Caleb lost another tooth?  He was so excited because at school he learned the song "All I want for Christmas it my two front teeth," and now he can kind of sing it for real!)
 
 
I am trying to finish a few last minute projects - I asked Kip to remind me next year to start earlier.  :)  I think I say that every year...hmmm.
The kids and I are enjoying laid back vacation time, and look forward to next week when Kip is off as well.  Yay Christmas!

1 comment:

Darcy Case said...

You must share the recipe for the gingerbread house,I avoid this project because I don't have a great recipe.