We signed the kids up for Lowe's latest build-and-grow workshop, where they come and get a little kit, goggles, and hammer, and they can build some little wooden project. It's been a while since we did one, and I remembered why...dang things are tricky. All three kids need lots of help getting the things together, then you pick it up and the floor falls out because of the too-short "nails," and someone cries, and we can't find the other knight piece that was supposed to be with the castle project. Doh. Should be called Try-to-build-but-fail-and-good-thing-it's-free-cause-now-we-have-to-buy-the-kids-something-else-to-make-them-feel-better. (we didn't really, but almost). I guess that name is too long. Build-and-grow will have to do. Sadly, I've already signed up for another one next weekend...it is a T-Rex and they REALLY want to do it. Dad will be gone, though, so I might have bring something yummy with me to soothe them if the dinosaurs don't work.
We had a short week this week, with the kids out of school Monday and today, which was actually nice. Monday we went to the Wildlife Experience here in town, and it was cool. We went there once last summer, but it had been long enough that the kids were still interested in everything. Plus, we had free tickets from the library adventure program, so yay! Today we enjoyed our Children's Museum membership again, and had a good time with our friends. Now they are watching "Cars 2" from the library and here I am, typing away.
New washer and dryer are working like a charm, as are the new toilets. Yipee! Also FINALLY got the dishwasher and kitchen plumbing all fixed in the Gypsum house - two plumbers, one handyman, and one appliance repair guy later. Whew.
Caleb started basketball! He has one practice and one game a week, and he has done really well. His first game he made two baskets and one was a three pointer! Woo hoo! I took the camera to yesterday's game, but it was a little hard taking photos with an almost-8-month-old trying desperately to grab and eat the camera. This is about the best one:
All of the ones that are closer look like this:
But at least McKinley was having a good time!
Her face looks super chubby in this photo, but it must just be the angle because it turns out she is the same teeny peanut as the rest of them. Last weigh in two weeks ago was 12 lbs 15 oz. I think her cousins Anders and James have her beat by a long shot!
Caleb was also chosen to put a piece of artwork into the Cherokee Trail art show at the Parker Mainstreet Center (nice work buddy!), so we went to visit it:
He really enjoys his art class, maybe he will take after a few of his artistic aunts and uncles.
Ella is such a good helper lately, always trying to keep everyone happy. Sharing, helping, she's been a real sweety. She even slept with Rachel for a couple of nights because Rachel is scared of monsters. (That's been a big theme lately - I'm not sure why. All the kids are afraid to go upstairs alone. ??) Ella's doing great in ballet and tap and starting to write all kinds of stories and sentences.
Rachel is two. She is adorable and sweet one minute and a holy terror the next. Especially if I am asking her to get dressed, comb her hair, or get into the car. I might as well be asking her to jump into a pit of snakes. Her tumbling teacher loves her to death and I'm sure would never believe that I had to carry her kicking, screaming, and crying to the car to go to tumbling class. She is sweet and snuggly, though, and I know we can survive the fits for a while.
McKinley is great! She loves to eat, roll everywhere, and say "dadadadadadada." She is still good about going with the flow, and going along with whatever the rest of us need to do. Love her!...Love them all, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment