Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Down...Set...Hike!

Flag football season has officially ended, so Caleb will have to find something to keep him occupied until January when basketball starts. :)  We were kind of hoping that he would not like football, since he is so good at soccer and I can't help but have motherly visions of concussions and heat stroke when he gets into tackle football.  But he loved it, in part because he had great coaches.  I really liked them.  When I signed him up for football, I chose the team that only had a few spots left at 6:30 am...I hoped that meant lots of kids wanted to be on that team.  It worked.  His coaches were fantastic; they had a great attitude; the boys had a winning season to be happy about but always showed good sportsmanship about their victories.   He wants to play again in the spring (both football and soccer.  sorry buddy, only one or the other at a time.)  But if we do go with the football we will make every effort to be with the same coaches again. 

Caleb started on defense as a center, but was pretty quickly moved out to cornerback where his fast little feet could chase down outside players.  By the end of the season he was playing both offense and defense (no rest for Caleb!) and his coaches praised his little motor that never stops running.  His last game he ended with a bang by pulling three flags.  It was fun watching (minus the day it was raining, windy and 40 degrees) and we look forward to his next sports season, whatever it may be.  Go Wolfpack!

 
 
 
 

No comments: