Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spring is finally in the air!

Yes!  It has warmed up, the grass has turned green, the trees have finally leafed out, and yesterday we moved summer clothes into the dressers and winter clothes out of the dressers.  Yay spring!

We finished up our last game of spring sports yesterday, and while we have all enjoyed learning and playing, we are also glad that our Saturdays are more open now to bike or hike or garden or play in the sprinkler.  A whole bunch of photos from our last games:
 

 
 
 
 
(McKinley's "I need a nap" face)
We also planted our garden this Saturday, yay!  We spent the week getting the dirt ready (pulling weeds, adding peat, turning soil) so we could plant Saturday.  We are getting a much earlier start than last year since the yard is finished, so we're hoping for a super crop haul. :)

We are almost done scraping popcorn and priming the drywall for new texture.  Kip wants to get 'er done so we can spend more time outdoors now that they weather is nice.  Also Herman and his crew started painting the exterior of the house yesterday! It's very exciting!  By the end of next week I should be able to post before/after pictures.  

We are almost done with our school year and everyone is happy about that, including the teacher.  Summer break is always a welcome respite.  Although I am a meanie and don't let them completely off the hook, since I have an unreasonable fear that their brains will fossilize if they don't do SOMETHING.  Okay, that's exaggerating, but really if they spend like 15 minutes a day keeping up with learning, it sure makes the transition much easier in the fall.  

The pool is almost open, we've started mowing the lawn, the garden is in - I love this time of year!

No comments: