Another year, coming to a close. It's been a good year, and I love new beginnings, so bring on 2014! I had a few older pictures that I finally figured out how to get off of my new phone - Merry Christmas to me!
These were from our trip to Hurricane to see Tyler's mission farewell. It was a fun trip and the kids especially enjoyed staying at aunt Terrisa's house because there are pets there for them to love. They are dying to have one of their own!
And Kip with Tyler, who is at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and heading to Mexico soon -
Also I found the picture from Rachel's winter showcase week at dance:

Lovely with the fingers in the mouth, right? She's so funny. She does quite well in dance, but she wants to do gymnastics instead like Ella. I told her she has to finish out this year because I've already bought the recital dress, then we can decide from there.
And this was from our ward Christmas party, McKinley was hauling this giant (empty) present around, so proud of herself. It was very funny!
Back to now... we have sent out this year with a bang ~ we celebrated Christmas in Grand Junction with many of the Thygerson cousins. Our pictures from that morning are foggy because the camera was frozen in the car and we couldn't get it to thaw out very quickly. :) Ella helped us feel festive by playing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and "Away in a Manger" by memory. (Many, many times through the week. She's doing great with piano!)
McKinley was showing what the rest of us were feeling - YAWN!
Some very excited kids can't wait to see what their presents are!
Yay SOCKS! (By now you can see the camera had stopped fogging up)
Very stylish.
Whoopsie. Excited kids accidentally brought the tree down. No one was injured. :)
Caleb building Cayden's Legos for him. Doh!
Ella and Lizzie
The next day we went sledding at Old Powderhorn. Rachel went down a few times, then she just wanted to crawl around like a kitty. I think McKinley made it down once or twice, but she is always happy just to sit and eat snow, so no problems there. But she did NOT want her picture taken. hehe.
Ella dug a "lair" in the snow.
Caleb went over the to bigger side with Dad - he could have stayed there all day!
We had a lot of fun with all the cousins in Grand Junction, playing card games well past their bedtimes! Caleb got to practice with his new BB gun, Ella and all the girls made about a billion rubber band bracelets, and Rachel and Juliana played lots of pretend games with the younger cousins. We spent some time playing dodge ball with friends and Kip was very impressed that all of the "old gang's" children fill up an entire church gym. :) Now that we are back in Parker, they are in cousin-withdrawals. :) Today we rounded out our year by using our Nature and Science Museum Pass. It was fun!
Everyone watching "Galileo" perform a gravity experiment.
Caleb playing some kind of asteroid program.
...and Rachel, in red peg-board fashion. So funny!
I am excited for the new year and making all my normal resolutions to keep the house cleaner, be more patient, and simplify our schedules. Haha! At least I get points for positive thinking, right! Happy New Year!

























No comments:
Post a Comment