While that Toothless is cute, I am referring to my newest toothless child, Ella!
At the recommendation of the dentist and orthodontist, to relieve "severe crowding" in her tiny little mouth (sorry E - it's genetic), she had 4 permanent teeth pulled out. She went in very bravely, having done this before with baby teeth, and she was a champ!!
That is the most recent x-ray that the dentist was working from; that is a LOT of teeth in a little space!
Here are her lovely "after" photos showing her new spaces:
Rowr! Haha. And she waited for a few days to leave her teeth for the tooth fairy, because they were so cool to look at...
...but eventually they started to get stinky and she decided to part with them. We had to have a few chats because she did not want gum from the tooth fairy, which is the usual treat left for a tooth, along with a dollar. I reminded her that the tooth fairy is not like Santa Claus, you can't really write a list of gifts you want deposited under your pillow...but in the end she was happy with her $4, fruity flossers, and bag of Lindt chocolate balls (her favorite - what a smart tooth fairy).
Next up, most likely, is round one of braces for Ella, just to guide the teeth a little bit into their new space. Good times! I am sure my kids get tired of hearing it, but I always try to tell them how grateful I was for braces and spacers and pulled teeth because I was pretty self-conscious about my crowded and crooked teeth. They are good sports about it!






No comments:
Post a Comment