Yes, it's so exciting, he graduated this week. From preschool. I was one of his teachers. Makes me think of "The Incredibles" movie where the mom is getting mad at the dad because he doesn't want to attend his son's 5th grade graduation or something; he yells about how it's just another way to celebrate mediocrity. he he But really, we feel like the preschool went well and the kids learned a lot and got a taste of classroom structure and environment. I plan on still working with Caleb through the summer and I hope that he doesn't tell his kindergarten teachers "No thanks, I already know that" when they are trying to get him to do his work this fall.
He also had his last soccer game this weekend, I must say I won't miss packing up all three kids for practices. A mom took individual and team photos that last day, and his are pretty funny, but I only have a print and our scanner doesn't work with Vista, so no sharing this time.
I went to a women's conference this weekend in Rifle (about an hour away). It was neat, but every now and then I have these moments of clarity about myself; getting ready for the conference I had one. I pulled out a cool blue skirt to wear, tried it on, but it didn't really fit well, then I got to thinking; I've had this skirt for 9 years. Wow. I am officially not young and cool anymore. And even though in my head the skirt still is "cool," it really probably isn't because it's 9 years old. I am so NOT cool anymore, I'm a mom whose clothes taste is stuck in my college years. ACK! I'm sure you all know what I mean, right? I mean, some days you wake up and think, "I never imagined as a teenager that I would have heartburn, hemorrhoids, stretch marks, varicose veins, and 10 (or 20?) year old clothes." Okay, enough about my vanity. I have my health, my home, my family, and I love it all!
The finally turned on our irrigation this week, so our dying grass is getting revived, and (trumpet fanfare) our garden is getting planted! We (meaning mostly Kip) got about 1/2 of it in tonight, and tomorrow or Thursday we'll do the rest. It's a little early, but the weather forecast looks okay for the next week or two, so we're planting and praying it doesn't all freeze.
Appraisers came to the house today because we're working on refinancing and taking advantage of the lower rates. Nothing like spending 2 days cleaning up for two guys to spend 5 minutes taking pictures then leave. Whew. Really gets me fired to do those things I've been "meaning to do," like moving the picture over our bed about a foot to the right so it's centered over where the bed is now instead of where the bed was when we moved in 4 years ago. Took about 30 seconds. Funny how we put off little things like that until someone is coming to take pictures of our home...
No comments:
Post a Comment