Tuesday, May 5, 2009

swine flu

Actually, the swine flu has had zero effect on our family, but it's in the news so much that I thought it made a catchy subject line. I guess the PC term now is H1N1 flu, since Egypt was killing all of it's pigs and China's banning American and Mexican pork products. Sheesh.

Caleb is now halfway through his soccer season, and at his last game (Thursday night) he was picking fights with some bigger kids on the other team. Yelling, pointing fingers in each other's faces, that sort of thing. The coaches had to keep intervening. Maybe if someone bigger than him cleans his clock, he'll learn a valuable lesson...then I can love him and hug him after. :o)

We had the missionaries over for dinner on Friday night, and Caleb left the kitchen after he was done eating. When they were ready to go home, Kip called Caleb to come say prayers and goodbye to the missionaries. Caleb said no, because he could "smell them." ? He uses that excuse when he can't think of anything else, I think.
Me: "Why did you hit Ella?"
Caleb: "Because I could smell her."

For real. ??

Ella is perfecting her yelling. We've got to stop this. Any ideas, anyone? She's also started changing clothes about 3 times a day, which stage I thought we had skipped. But clothes changing I can handle! She goes from being Ella, to a puppy, to a princess, or a princess puppy, back to Ella. Fun, fun. She is starting to "play" with Rachel with means putting blankets on top of her. Luckily I'm around enough to stop it before her face gets covered up.

Rachel is still perfect. These e-mails will be fun for her to read when she grows up. "rachel is great, rachel is perfect." Of course, she's only 7 weeks old. but, still, perfect.

Being a mom is a crack up. Frustrating, yes. Difficult, yes. But a crack up, and fun, and meaningful, and entertaining, and rewarding, and and as they say, the most important work of all. Love it all!

No comments: