Thursday, April 30, 2009

falling off the wagon. A lot.

This week I have remembered that part of the reason that I like sweets so much is that they are a coping mechanism for me. Like when my 5 year old hits me in Costco and together with the 3 year old screams bloody murder all the way out to the car. Or if they throw synchronized fits because I put away the dominoes that were causing a minor war in the living room. Add to that the nights of interrupted sleep and it's a perfect recipe for "falling off the wagon" and eating candy. Not that it is justified - obviously I need to find a better way to handle my stress, but one thing at a time...and when would I fit in yoga, anyway? Candy I can shovel in the mouth in three seconds while the kids don't look. he he.

I'm sorry if you're tired of getting millions of pictures, but I am a new mom (again) so the camera is out a lot. In the first one, I had laid Rachel down while I took care of some things in the bedroom, and Ella came in and laid her baby down to rest to. I thought it was funny.


In the second, you can see Rachel is starting to smile, and that sure is a lot of fun. She recognizes us now and seems to enjoy the kids talking to her.


The third picture is the tell-tale sign that spring is here...a bathtub full of dirt. woo hoo! At least it's not on the kids anymore! And no worries, they already have plenty more to wash off tonight.

Went to the dentist - no cavities, and the doctor - all healed, so it was a nice week health-wise. Mom-wise, well, I think I'd better not tell too many stories because it might sound like I don't like my sweet son, and I do, so I'll stop there. It's been interesting, we'll say that. Refer to the candy paragraph above.

No comments: