So when I have a lot of things to do, I tend to follow this path: I avoid doing the necessary things until they become "emergencies," so then I have to drop everything else to finish the one or two emergency things, and nothing else gets done. Example: halloween costumes, halloween party, and housework. I need to have the costumes done by tomorrow, but they are not finished because I put them away to paint my entire house (also not finished); our ward halloween party is Saturday and we still have tons to do for that; therefore, no little or no housework will be getting done for the next four days or so. And when everything is messy, life just tends to be more chaotic...it's a vicious cycle. I guess I should have done Halloween stuff instead of painting everything, but I really wanted to paint. I think I have serious issues. :o)
The kids are doing great, they have been WIRED the last two weeks or so. I can't decide if it's because of the weather (it snowed, and is still snowing!), the paint fumes, or because I'm trying to do too many things. Maybe a combination of all of these things. Hmmm. While Kip was gone hunting, Caleb had some funny moments; one evening he picked up on the phrase "that's interesting." His response to EVERYTHING was "that's interesting." He would go on and on, "That's SO interesting. I think that is very interesting." He was using it for any adjective, it was pretty funny. He also had a little lesson in cheating while we played battleship and chutes and ladders; I gave him some warnings that I wouldn't play if he was going to cheat, so we had some shortened games, but he didn't throw a fit; I think it worked. I know that is a lesson he'll have to learn several times, probably. :o)
We were talking to Ella about how it's important that she gets enough sleep so she can feel happy and her body can be healthy, since she is our no-nap, don't want to go to bed kid. She responded with, "I follow the dark." ?? We didn't understand, so she clarified, "I go to sleep when it is dark." Which is just fine in the winter when it's dark by 5 or 6, but difficult in the summer. Maybe she'll change her mind by May... We thought she was getting her cast off yesterday, but after x-rays, it looks like the bone needs more time to heal, so she now has a smaller, neon yellow cast. We might draw spots on it to match her leopard costume for Halloween. The guy that put her cast on did kind of a lame job this time, it looks like a giant lumpy yellow club fist. Doh.
We've been playing a lot of rhyming games, it's one of Caleb's new favorites. Ella likes to play also, but she doesn't really get it yet. The other night we were playing and I said, "Cutie patootie!" To which Caleb replied, "Cutie be doodie!" We all had a good laugh. Then I said, "Sweety peety!" And Ella yelled out, "Sweaty pitty!" :o) Nice.
Rachel got another tooth, and learned how to clap, which delights us all; we spend the evenings cheering and clapping trying to get her to follow suit. She sure is fun. She does not blow out her diapers anymore since she's added some things to her diet, but she does wet through her clothes and sometimes bedding EVERY night. I tried buying bigger diapers to no avail. Maybe I'll have to double them up?
No comments:
Post a Comment