Yes, I love this time of year, the music, the lights, the cocoa, I love it all. I think I have finally fixed our roof lights; we kept blowing fuses because, apparently, we had too many strings hooked together. I'll keep my fingers crossed...
This last week we enjoyed Caleb's school holiday musical, "The North Pole Star," sort of an American Idol knock off where in the end everyone is a winner! I think if they were planning to have everyone win, they could have saved the paper they used to copy ballots and insert them into the programs... It was cute, not too traumatic, and Caleb had fun shaking his bootie even though the kinders sat through almost the entire thing. He also got to stay longer for a few days last week for musical practice, Santa's Shop, and gingerbread house making; this week he's staying longer on Friday for parties and sing-a-longs. He's getting spoiled! He will sure love first grade when he gets to stay all day, every day.
Then we had the ward Christmas Party and Talent Show, which went just fine. People came, we had just the right amount of food; the kids sang a song for the talent show and I even sang a short funny little number with two of my girlfriends, and I think we did pretty good. That's saying a lot for me, I've only sung in public one other time, in college. It's not my strongest talent, but it's hard to demonstrate being able to nurse the baby and cook dinner at the same time. :)
Kip had to work on Saturday, they are approaching the C.O. deadline (tomorrow!) so send a prayer or two his way that everything will go as it's supposed to.
Kip was able to fix the fridge on Saturday when the part came in, yay! It's nice not to have to go out to the garage for milk and butter. Although, again, it couldn't have come at a better time. I should mention that I also love having our chest freezer in the garage so that we can keep all the elk meat and our 1/4 cow (which I think by now is more like 1/8 cow) on hand for whenever we need it. It happens to be stuffed full (another thing to be grateful for) so that's why the back porch was the dumping place for the indoor freezer.
We're having a blast making Christmas pictures, sending out cards and gifts, and getting ready for vacation from school! Woo hoo!
1 comment:
Good luck Kip! Katie, you are funny! Kyle
Post a Comment