Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let it snow! But thank heavens it came after the disco party...

Winter is here! The same storm that is causing massive problems all over the country dumped close to 2 feet here in 3 days. Woo hoo! The kids are in heaven, and Caleb is finally willing to wear his big snow coat instead of just a light jacket. The snow is beautiful. We always have a couple of snows that hit and mostly melt, then we get a giant storm and we know the snow is here to stay until April or so. This is it! I love it until about February, and by then it's all dirty and icy and gross, and then I'll be ready for spring. :)

The weather came at just the right time, though, since our refrigerator decided to stop being cold yesterday. Doh. No problem. We have a spare fridge:
Yup, that's our garage. AND we have a spare freezer:
Yup, that's our back porch, looking out from the kitchen. Handy time for a blizzard! Kip has ordered the new part and hopes to have it by the end of the week; in the meantime it's been a great chance to clean out the fridge and freezer, not to mention under the fridge. (Gross. should've done that before four 1/2 years had gone by...)

But we had it coming, I mean I was "excused" from testifying in court today, so for sure we needed something exciting this week. I don't know why I didn't have to go, maybe that means they settled things, I hope. I hope I don't get another subpoena for another day. Only time will tell, I guess.

So as I was saying in the title, I am glad that the snow waited until after our disco party, because we were READY, thanks in part to Rob and Kristen's sharp eyes at the Goodwill in Prescott.
Disco is alive, baby:





















I know, we look sharp. Only one other couple was dressed up, but it wasn't embarrassing, they all cheered for us. :) We had a blast eating and bowling and Kip got a personal high score of 174. Nice work, babe!

In other news, I'm just having nervous breakdown about the ward Christmas party, poor Kip will glad when Saturday gets here and it is done. I think the movie turned out well, I just have nightmares about no one coming or running out of food, or something else bad happening. Hmmm, I should probably get myself checked out... but not until after after the party is over. Still a lot to do. :)

I'm loving the lights and the music and the spirit of Christmas! I'm reading Dickins' The Christmas Carol to the kids (I have a nice beautifully illustrated one) and they are enjoying it. When we are done we will watch Scrooge (thanks mom). I love this time of year!

1 comment:

KC and DL said...

Nice clothes! Kip has always been a good bowler, I can see his bowling ball going at rocket speed down the lane right now...