I think that each of us has earned a "silly award" in the last few weeks for various reasons. For Kip and I, it would be the evening last week when we spent over 2 hours solid looking for his truck key, which we only have one copy of. We searched upstairs, downstairs, garage, outside, in the cars. The kids were in bed so we didn't even have any distractions. No keys. Then we had decided to just go to bed, and in the morning we could call Costco to see if they were there, or call a locksmith if they weren't. I shook the covers, and what do you know, jingle jingle. They were there the whole time. Nice.
Caleb has decided that he must get up very early or he is missing out on...something. This whole learning how to tell time thing, I don't know. I felt so lucky today that he slept in until his alarm at 6:50. I think it was because I didn't get up and exercise, since he likes to watch. ? Last week he asked why only girls did it (since my video only had girls). I just told him that sometimes girls and boys like to exercise differently, and this was one that girls liked. I don't think it's too strange, since Caleb likes to watch anything on TV, even if it is Jeopardy or the news. He just turns into a stump. Hmmm...
Ella made me laugh at the grocery store when we were standing in the checkout like and she hollered, "Look! It's a pirate!" I said, "What? Where?" She pointed to a man checking out a few lanes over with a doo-rag. ha! Pirate.
Rachel is no longer happy throwing Q-tips or tampons all around while I take a shower, she wants to be able to see me. She jabbers and moves the shower curtain, which I move back, etc etc. Last week all of the sudden, there she was fully dressed, in the shower with me after she took a dive over the side of the bathtub. She was not at all happy about that development. I stripped her down and tried to help her enjoy the water, but apparently showers are not her thing yet.
In other news, Caleb has learned to ride his bike with no training wheels thanks to a little encouragement from Aunt Kendra. He's been out riding every day since it's above freezing and practically tropical here. Ella tags along on her new Christmas bike and they have a grand time riding up and down Chatfield Lane together. They are excited to move and be closer to their cousins, which will all be happening this weekend! We haven't had much luck finding a house, but since Mom an Dad T are super nice, we will be moving into their basement until the end of the school year (yay!) and maybe then start looking again
No comments:
Post a Comment