Friday, April 23, 2010

Did I mention I wore shorts this week?

(Sunday)
YES!  It's true, I wore shorts.  Three days.  Even at night.  And no jacket.  Niiiiiiiiicccccccceee.  Spring has sprung and we took a walk before church this morning (our ward meets at 1:00).  We asked the kids as we walked around the ditch what was their favorite of Heavenly Father's creations.  Caleb:  insects.  (Me: Even spiders?!)  Ella: little baby kitties.  The kids are especially enamored with with creepy crawlies right now since it is warm and they are outside all the time.  Caleb has a pet worm named "scary Larry" and a roly poly (name unknown) that he's keeping an eye on in a little mound of dirt in the backyard.  I might have to see about building him a bug farm or something.  Ella also has one of each, but we can't remember their names.  No big deal, because I don't think she will either, she'll just pick new ones tomorrow. Love it.

The kids also broke out the swimsuits this weekend since the sprinklers are turned on now (or sprinkles as Ella calls them).  They are loving life!

...later (Friday)...

As I thought, the kids forgot their pet bugs in the backyard, but it was partly my fault.  We went for a special treat and had lunch at McDonald's this week ,where they got their very own toy dragons to tame.  I don't always get Happy Meals, but the dragons were worth it because they have brought hours of happy entertainment to our home.  Caleb named his Homies Katherine Nomies, Ella named hers Owshley.  They (the dragons) were even participants in yesterdays game of Superhero, where the kids colored designs and taped them all over their shirts.  The dragons were the bad guys that the superheros had to save people from.  Totally worth it.  I should mention I am also proud of myself for not buying lunch more often - this is the first time since we moved here (not counting when Kip was working here and we came up one day).  I kind of have to remind myself that just because restaurants and stores are close, I don't need to patronize them every day. :)  I'm doing very well.  Yay for self-control!

Kip's job is moving along, they got their trailer on sight, complete (finally) with electricity and phone lines.  I hear that the Corps of Engineer liaison between Shaw and the VA Hospital is a little distracted, so hopefully they'll be able to stay on schedule. 

And these are a little late, but here are our Easter pictures outside the house.  My almost black hair is courtesy of Brianna, a level one student at the Beauty College. :D  At least it's not gray, right!

No comments: