Hi all,
We had a great Easter weekend here and really enjoyed General Conference. As always, the kids spiced things up a bit with their questions.
Ella: (at Wal-Mart) Is the Easter Bunny Real?
Me: (With thanks to my friend Jen Adair who taught me this response) What do you think?
Ella: Maybe.
Me: Yeah, maybe.
Caleb: What time does the Easter Bunny come? Like at 3?
Me: I don't know. I've never seen him. (Praying that he doesn't set his alarm for 3 am, or sneak upstairs and sleep in the living room, neither of which he did.)
In fact, he was kind of bummed when he came up for breakfast because 1) he wasn't feeling too good and 2) he didn't think the Easter Bunny had come. It wasn't until Grandpa went out to start the fire and called out about the eggs that the kids even went out there. He he.
And Easter candy season is officially over, so I can stop stuffing myself with Easter candy and go back to normal life. :)
Life is going along quite well, I took the girls to a a free Music Maker class they do at the church every Wednesday, just some moms that got together and decided to run things. They had a blast, Ella especially. It was fun to see her really get into something. She is way excited for me to find some kind of dance class for her.
I've started a few little projects (with Nedra's help) just for fun; making Ella some summer shorts and skirts, and making cute little girls' aprons for my girls and the cousins. I laughed yesterday was we were looking through patterns and we found a shorts set from 1966 with these parenthetical notes on the front:
(Not suitable for chubby girls.) Hehe. I'm pretty sure they don't put that on patterns anymore. Might garner a lawsuit!
And then, for extra excitement last night, around 4 am the dog barked and woke us up, followed about 10 seconds later with - you got it - skunk smell. Our basement window, which is right above our bed, is a few short steps from the garage, where Gus sleeps. I think a skunk was making his way in when Gus scared him and he squirted his stink right in front of that darn window. My next task: Google how to get skunk-stink gone. We had to move upstairs to finish sleeping. :)
We are heading to Gypsum tomorrow for a birthday party and a visit, looking forward to a good time!
1 comment:
It sounds like Caleb plays soccer just like his Daddy. Kip was always the fastest one out there.
Kyle
Post a Comment