Setting: bathtub, after father/son camp-out at Ragged Mountain
Me: (washing out Caleb's ears) Sorry kiddo, you just have dirt in your ears.
Caleb: That's not dirt. It's boogers.
Me: Oh...did you pick them and put them there?
Caleb: (pointing) No, they just went up my nose and back and out my ear.
Me: Okay.
Setting: see above
Me: I'm checking your head for ticks, kiddo.
Caleb: What are ticks?
Me (attempting nonchalance): Oh, just these little bugs that live in the forest and they like to crawl on you and drink your blood and when they bite you they get stuck and you have to pull them out with tweezers or something.
Caleb: (silence)
Caleb: OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW! (grabbing head) SOMETHING IS SUCKING MY BLOOD! OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Setting: Micheal's (the craft store). We are in the ladies room, I am waiting for Ella to finish and come out. Ella walks out...
Me: Don't forget to flush! (She wants me to do it. I do it, then turn and walk to the sink. Ella stops at the other stall, hits the floor, and looks at the occupant.)
Me: Ella! Get up honey! That is not good manners to look at people using the bathroom. Come wash your hands.
Ella: Mom, is that a boy?
Me: No, this is a girl's room, I'm sure it's a girl.
Other lady: (comes out of the stall.)
Ella: Oh yeah, it's a girl.
Life is so fun with kids, isn't it?!
In other news, Caleb will be done with Kindergarten this week and we are all excited for summer break. When we first came here in March I had contacted a program here called Mesa Valley Vision that is a choice public school where students are educated at home. Basically you home-school, but are technically enrolled in a public school and thus eligible for funds to reimburse for curriculum materials. You do the same standardized testing as all public schools (but just at their offices), log your hours on the computer, and are assigned a "resource consultant" to come as much or as little as you feel you need help. I am very excited about it! Home-school with benefits. I haven't said much about it because they didn't contact me until this week, but we can turn in our enrollment papers next week and be ready to go for first grade next year, yay!
Also got the kids registered for some summer fun this week - soccer, art camp, gymnastics, plus we'll try to get into some swim lessons as well. Can't wait!
We're all looking forward to the Ragged Mountain family reunion this weekend, we always enjoy seeing everyone there and playing around for a few days. After we're home it'll be time to move into the house in Fruita, so we will have plenty to keep us busy for a while.
So many exciting things - isn't summer grand?!
1 comment:
Love the things kids say. So cute! Good luck with homeschool. ps. I am totally going to do the movie ticket thing this summer, thanks for the great idea.
Post a Comment