Setting: driving home from Gypsum this week, passing the Grand Junction airport.
Caleb (totally serious): Look, it's an airplane zoo!
Setting: kitchen table. I am making a post-vacation grocery list.
Me: What should we have for dinner this week, guys?
Ella: Macaroni and cheese!
Me: Well, we can have that for lunch, but let's think of other things for dinner.
Caleb: Yeah, Ella, for dinner we have to eat things we don't like.
Hee hee. They never stop making me giggle. We had a wonderful vacation in Yellowstone, and though I posted most of my pictures on facebook, I will put a couple here for those who don't have access to the others... here's dirty Rachel:
Dirty Ella:
Scary Caleb:
Our family:
Beautiful scenery:
Wild animals:
And this is only 6 of the 400+ pictures from the whole adventure. Reminds me of a recent Cathy cartoon about "photo bloat." :) But we have loved looking at them and thanks again to Rebecca who was the resident photographer while we were there.
We had a great time camping, hiking, walking, sightseeing, visiting with family and getting nice and dirty. It was a great vacation and we were sure glad to see everyone who could make it.
We are currently in "get ready for school" mode and I have sealed off the classroom to get it ready as a surprise for the first day of school. I am way excited and I think the kids are too. It will be a grand adventure to see how everything goes.
I woke up at 2:51 to go outside and look at the meteor shower, then again at 5:50 to run, and I'm feeling it. I think after mountain biking tonight I will be ready for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment