Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I spy with my little eye...

On our trip to Tucson with Grandma and Grandpa M to visit Rob and family, we started playing "I Spy" to pass the time, even though it's a little hard in the car, driving through the desert.

("I spy something brown."
"Dirt!"
"How did you know?!")

But we had fun and the kids have wanted to keep playing since we've been home and driving around town.  A few times I have laughed right out loud...like Caleb's turn, when he spied "something red.  No!  Green!"  (A stoplight) Or another time, it was "Blinking red."  (another stoplight).  Then there is Ella, who - we think - doesn't actually pick something until you guess for a long time and she hears something that she likes.  Eventually you get "Nope!  Oh wait, Yep!"  And sweet little Rachel, who just loves to holler guesses..."Uh, Red!  Uh, car!  Uh, shirt!  Uh, light!"  Fun times in the car. ;)  Other fun times in the car:

Caleb also caught his first lizard at Uncle Rob's house.  Mind you, he's been saving his money to buy a pet lizard and all the trappings, and he was so excited to have a FREE lizard to take home.  Unfortunately, it got away before we made the trip home; and no, I did not facilitate its escape. :)  It just happened.
We were able to see Rebekah's baptism:
Sweet Baby James' blessing (four generations!):
  
Go swimming:
And visit Dr. Mitchell's office:
Thank you, thank you to Mom and Dad M for making our trip possible; to Rob and Kristen for the cute family and fabulous company - you guys are awesome.  It was a great trip, and the only thing that could have made it better is if Kip could have been there.  He was missed all around!

No comments: