Ten years ago, it was a Friday. I was (not) sleeping on grandma and papa's couch so I wouldn't mess up my hair that I had paid someone to fix the night before. It was a whirlwind day! This is what we were doing:

(Wait, who are those skinny kids?! Oh, us.)
Today was also a whirlwind day. I cleaned up pee (x3), poop (x1), shop-vac'd ramen noodles and oreos out of the car (still can't find my keys...), swept up Ella's "fall leaf store" in the garage, scrubbed shower walls and toilet bowls, washed dishes, cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner, ran to the store to get a birthday present, took a child to the birthday party, picked a child up from the birthday party, cleaned our bedroom, fed the infant (x5), washed the pee laundry (x3), and vacuumed.
NOW WAIT.
I am NOT complaining.
Because do you know what all that means?
It means I have hard-working, good-looking husband who provides for all of our needs (and lots of wants!), who commutes without complaining, fixes the toilet when it won't flush, and listens to me babble about everything. I have a home to live in and care for; it keeps me warm and safe. I have a bed to rest my bones, furniture to sit on and clothes to wear. We have plenty of food to eat, a stove to cook it and a fridge to keep the leftovers in for tomorrow.
It means I have four healthy, happy, energetic, funny, fantastic kids to hug and love and enjoy. It means I get to take care of them rather than slave away at a "job" where I could be replaced by anyone, anytime. It means I get to listen to them discuss - quite seriously - what zombies are made out of and what wolves eat while they make Halloween decorations.
10 years later, we have these:
and these:
And really, does it get any better than that?!
Life. Is. Good.
1 comment:
Such a sweet post! I loved it! And my eyes are seriously watering . . . So sweet.
Post a Comment