Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall break-a-roo

Every night I go in to check on the kids before I go to bed.  It's an OCD/mom thing, I guess.  Sometimes, I giggle, like when I see this:
Good thing Barbie got the comfy pillow.  She can rest well now.  :)  It is a tiny bit creepy to walk in and see her wide open vacant Barbie eyes staring at me, but only a little. :)

In other news, the kids' fall break started last Friday, woo hoo!  We spent the morning swimming at the rec center, and the evening with grandma and grandpa T, and mike and tonya and family who were all in for TOFW.  Saturday morning we woke up to this:
What in the world?!  Do we still live in Gypsum and I just forgot??  Nope.  Parker had a little snow.  It's all melted now but it was a fun morning surprise.
Caleb ran his "final mile" in the freezing, wet weather.   Rachel was especially happy about standing in the cold rain.
Here he is coming in for the finish (along with some other girl who posed nicely):
 And with his friend Zach and his marathon finisher medal.  Good job!
Once the marathon fun was done, and a trip to Bass Pro Shop wedged in, and TOFW ended with a power outage...we headed to Oklahoma to visit grandma and grandpa m and rob and kristen and family, and to meet our newest nephew baby Anders.  Yay vacation!
Some of our adventures - bath (that's Ella with the bubble face):
 Pumpkin painting (I didn't mean to make the bananas the centerpiece of the photo...):
 Meeting great-papa and great-grandma Mann

 zoo!
 McKinley at the zoo.  Is she cute or what?  
 Cousin James and McKinley - best friends already.
 We had lots of other good times too - mom and kristen, you'll have to e-mail me some pictures from Incredible Pizza. :)
On the drive home, Ella was super excited to see:
"A whole flock of windshields!"
I love flocks of windshields, too, sweet girl. :)

No comments: