Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter, everyone!

This morning:
Caleb (after searching the whole house): Mom, there are no eggs anywhere, except a few in our basket.
Me: hmmm.
Caleb: I've looked everywhere!
Me: Well, do you know when I found eggs when I was growing up?
Caleb: No, where?
Me: When.  I found them after church!
Caleb rolls his eyes.  Ella comes downstairs.
Caleb: Mom's not going to put out eggs until after church.
Ella (looking stricken): MOM puts out the eggs??!

Ah, the innocence of childhood.  I still remember very vividly Easters growing up.  It was probably the only Sunday all year that all of us kids happily got ready and into the van plenty EARLY.  Because we knew Mom would "forget" something and have to run back into the house, then she would return a few minutes later and off we went to church.  Magically, when we got home, there were eggs and treats all over for us to find!  Yup! Awesome!  So you can imagine how thrilled the kids were when they came in after church and there were eggs everywhere for them to hunt - even upstairs!  Can you believe that before church I forgot the diaper bag and had to run back in while everyone waited in the car?  Weird.

 
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

tydesandkids said...

Great idea! We ended up being late to church because this newb mom did the hunt before church.... Let me just say, my 2-year-old took her sweet time finding the eggs.