Sunday, September 23, 2012

A few of my favorite things, again

1. Playing Blokus with Rachel.  She usually chooses it for her "late night" activity.
There are no rules, really, except that we sort of take turns, and she wins every time. :)  And she asks each of us, every time, "Oh, where is your little piece?  Can I have it?"  (The one block; she always finds just the perfect spot for everyone's one block.)

2. Today's lunch conversation:
Me: Ella, you might want to go easy on the raspberries, if you eat too many it could give you a stomachache.
Caleb: Or a headache.
Rachel: Or an arm ache.
Caleb (to Rachel, annoyed): There is no such thing as an arm ache, Rachel.
Kip (joking, to Caleb): Yes there is.  Do you want me to show you an arm ache?
Caleb (to Kip, annoyed...threatening):  Dad, I know karate.
...(we discuss how karate is only if someone is trying to hurt you and you can't get away)...
Ella: Yeah, so if a whole group of people goes around you and you can't run away, then you can do it.
Caleb (to Ella, annoyed - I think this is a phase): Ella, if a whole group of adults is getting you, you can't do that, you just have to...cry.
(teehee)

3.My car is clean.  Like spotless.  It is bea-u-ti-ful, and like new, just like I dreamed.  Yippee!

No comments: