We have visited a fire station before, and we've seen the firefighter presentations at the library or community events, but it's been a few years. Caleb needed to visit for his Cub Scout achievement, so I called and set up a "tour." (I guess they don't want me to just show up randomly.) I was feeling a little guilty that I did not try to organize a whole group to go, like all the cub scouts or Rachel's pre-school friends. But mostly I was thinking that I do not have time to organize a group outing right now.
So we went, just the 5 of us, and once we were there, any guilt I was feeling vanished. It was a a blast to be there with just our family - there were four firefighters on duty and they were fun and friendly and thought my kids were just adorable. It was very laid back, they looked in Caleb's Cub Scout book to see exactly what information he was supposed to get, they played and talked with the kids. I loved it! The kids did too. Even McKinley kept hollering "HI!" every few minutes, and they were good sports and said "Hi!" back every time. Thank you, firefighters from station 45!
No comments:
Post a Comment