Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gasoline

Rachel: Mom, can you get me some gasoline?
Me: Gasoline...?
Rachel: Yes.  For my lips.
Me: Oh, Vaseline.  Yes, I can do that.
___

Setting: Ella's room, bedtime.  She is sobbing and cannot make it downstairs for family scripture study.
Me:  Ella, what's wrong?
Ella: Rachel is so mean.
Me: Why what happened?
Ella: Rachel called me...HERBERT! (sob, sob, sob)
Me (trying not to giggle): Oh...well, what does that mean?
Ella:  I don't KNOW.  But it means something bad. (sob, sob, sob)
Me:  Hmmm, well I think it's just a silly word, and I will talk to her, but do you think you're being a little too sensitive?
Ella: She called me a HERBERT! (sob, sob, sob)
___

Caleb's journal question: "What would you do with $1,000?  Be specific! Use details and complete sentences."
Caleb's answer: I would maybe buy a pet snake, toys, decorations, a mini four-wheeler, cars, home, furniture, plants, and I will also buy sand for my kids when I'm older.

hmmmm.  I think we need to have a talk about what $1,000 would actually buy...
___

McKinley loves to talk and says "Hi!" and "Bye!" to everyone we see. She also says bopple (bottle), banket (blanket), pancake, cereal, more, that, all gone, down, mommy, daddy, Ella, baby, doggie, ruff, kitty, meow, bear, rowr, eyes, nose, go, socks, shoes, pretty, bath, splash, hot, trash, and much more.  The kids' current favorite is when she lifts her shirt, finds her belly button, and says "Butt!"

No comments: