Sunday, October 19, 2014

Flat Acres farm

...was kind of lame.  But shhh, don't tell the kids.  Since we did not really "do" anything for fall break, one morning we met with our friends the Smiths at the local farm for some good fall fun.  I'm pretty sure the kids thought it was awesome, so I will keep my criticism to the blog, which they can read when they are older and less impressionable. :)  Haha.

For a fee, you could shoot paintballs at some stuffed zombies.  Totally worth it since it already cost and arm and a leg to get in the place, and it took about 7.4 seconds for them to use all of their paintballs.
 Then there was the "corn maze" that took  about 1.5 minutes to go from beginning to end.  We were all so surprised that it was done, we turned around to try and get lost some more.  Doh!

But at least after the corn maze, there was hug buckets of dried corn to play in, which actually looked kind of cool.  Then McKinley hopped up and said "I have corn in my BUTT!"  Ew!  Then I started thinking about how many other kids had that same corn in their butt, or maybe just rolled around getting all their nasty, dirty, kid goo on the corn, and suddenly the corn didn't seem as appealing. :)
 There were a few "hay bale" mazes, they were not quite as challenging as the corn maze (if you know what I'm saying.)  Then, finally, a giant pile of used tires in dirt.  Woo hoo!
Now we can say we've been there at least.  My friend was saying that she heard this was their last season.  Hmm, I wonder why? ;)

No comments: