Monday, June 15, 2015

#embark

There was something awesome and awful about Girls Camp this year, if that makes sense.  It was the fact the camp was planned on the ward level this year rather than the stake level.  There was really no precedent set, no one could remember the last time camp was on a ward level around here. 

The awful part was that it involved a LOT more planning and prep work than usual, and I felt a pretty heavy burden to return everyone safely to their families at the end of the week. The awesome part was that we could do ANYTHING we wanted (ok - within reason) rather than just hanging out at one place.  So we did! We went to a cabin in the mountains (Fairplay), went whitewater rafting (terrifying and fun), mucked out a corral at a ranch for service, hiked 6 miles around the Tie Hack Loop, and had overall loads and loads of good dirty fun.  It was great!  (I can especially say that now that we are home and I DID return everyone safely to their families, with just a few minor sunburns!)
Brown's Canyon, Arkansas River
 
 Wagner Ranch
 
 
 After finishing Tie Hack Loop
We were fortunate to again have my mom come out from Oklahoma to stay with the kids while I was gone.  Before I left we made sure to have some Authentic Hawaiian Shave Ice for family night (*note - NOT a snow cone.  We know the owner and it's very important to differentiate, lol).
 
They had lots of adventures, swimming all day at the pool, visiting the zoo, library story time, and movie night when the rain kicked in.  The kids loved it!  Dad was able to fly in for a day and go back with mom, we tried to pack in some fun at Parker Days and the car wash while he was here.  Thanks mom and dad!  PS - the new toilet seat is AWESOME.  :)

No comments: