Wouldn't you know, the very first week of summer I am wishing we had a bucket list just so I could add this one thing and check it off:
*catch mouse in the garage. CHECK!
Yes, indeed we had a mouse in the garage, as evidenced by the chewed up doggy biscuits and little poops everywhere.
Gross! It was definitely time for a bi-annual garage cleaning. We moved everything out, swept it all clean, bought rodent-proof food container for the dog food and biscuits, and were having a great old time. It was not really my goal to catch the mouse; I figured if I removed his food sources and swept away any nest I found (none), he would leave.
Well, he did leave, running straight out to the basketball hoop, with Ella excitedly pointing and jumping and exclaiming, "I saw him! I saw the mouse!" The kids used their ingenuity, a cup, and two plastic sacks to actually catch a tiny, fat, slow mouse - I think he has eaten too many dog biscuits!
So pleased with their catch!
They set up a little pet home for their mouse, complete with grass, water, rocks, and cheese.
The little guy eating his cheese.
Until I made them go around the block to the Cherry Creek Trail, where they could dump him safely far away from our garage. They were not very happy with me, they would have liked to keep him forever and ever as a pet, but I tried to explain that wild mice can carry lots of disgusting diseases so no, we could not keep him. Sorry kids. Good luck in the wild, little gross mousy!







No comments:
Post a Comment