Friday, May 29, 2015

Blue ribbon winner!

It's done!  Hooray for the end of another school year!  Yay for summer break!
This last week we enjoyed several events at Rachel's school for the end-of-year celebrations.  I signed all of us (myself, Caleb, Ella and McKinley) to volunteer at the field day, and we all had a great time!  We were running the bean bag toss, which the kids enjoyed because they could make themselves targets as well.  Ha!
 When there was no-one in line, the kids could take their own turns trying to earn points.
Every student was assigned a partner to go around with during field day;  I found Rachel in tears twice because her little partner kept abandoning her.  Luckily, I had some built in partners for her, and Ella and Caleb were more than happy to be her partners and take her around to all the games.  By the end she declared it the best day ever!  Success!
Today was the kindergarten blue ribbon ceremony, which was blessedly short and sweet.  All of the kindergarteners were asked to wear an over-sized white button down shirt (maybe to look like gowns?) but as you can see, Rachel was NOT happy about that requirement.  She asked me the night before if I could call or email or text her teacher Mrs. Minnotte to see *why* they had to wear those shirts.  haha.
 She was happier after receiving her very large blue ribbon showing what she has learned this year.
 And even happier again when we went outside and she could take off the white shirt.  :)
 
 All of the kids - I had about one second to take this photo before McKinley decided she was done with pictures and ran off...
 
(There she goes!)
Wow - we are now officially done with the school year and have a middle schooler (6th grade)!, a 4th grader, a first grader, and a pre-schooler.   Wow!

No comments: