Monday, May 11, 2015

The Mother's Day motherload

...of snow, that is.  What the...?  Why are we having 8" of snow on May 10th??  But before I jump into that, I wanted to share the photos of our lilac bush - it was so full and beautiful this year!  When we moved in to this house, it was kind of overgrown, so we chopped it pretty severely.  The second year there was ONE - count 'em, ONE - blossom on the tree/bush.  Finally in our 4th spring, we had a gorgeous, lush, fragrant lilac:
*had.  *had* a gorgeous, lush, fragrant lilac.  :)  Then, we had a massive snowstorm that killed all the flowers and broke a few branches.  But it was awesome while it lasted!!
This was the morning of Mother's Day - enough snow that they actually cancelled church!  In four years of being here, they've never cancelled church.  Crazy.
But do you know what's even crazier?  Here is us later in the day - same day - taking a walk and playing in the freezing ditch water.
...I know right?!  Crazy.
Because they cancelled church Mother's Day, they played "make-up" this past Sunday and we got enjoy all 4 of our kids singing with the primary for me, and got a lot of giggles out of the gifts they made.  There were styrofoam cup "flowers" with chocolates attached - McKinley handed me the cup, pulled off the chocolate and ate it herself. :)  Then there were these sheets filled out all about me - so funny. :)
                             
  
I love it.  I was also fortunate to be showered with homemade cards, flowers, hugs, and kind words.  And the steak was delicious.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: