The librarian at our school is in our ward, beloved by everyone, 71, and called Grandma. Turns out she is retiring this year...so what the heck? I approached my principal Keith and mentioned my interest in the position, which I think surprised him in a good way. He responded positively, then promptly assigned me to be in charge of literacy week (Wait, what?) and gave me some pointers about preparing for the interview.
Literacy Week was CRAZY - (and did I mention yet that we're knee deep into the 6th grade play as well?) - but I survived...and if I can brag a minute, I think I knocked it out of the ball park. Then I went to New York; then when I came back it was interview time.
By this point I found out that another lady in our ward, someone local to the valley, had applied as well, and a third person whom I did not know. Yikes.
I prepped for the interview and hoped for the best; it was kind of intimidating with a 6 person panel listening in and judging your answers and not knowing what the outcome would be. My only recent job interview was just 7 months ago, so... I was nervous but calm that whatever was right would happen.
I GOT THE JOB.
I AM AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARIAN!
Despite the difficulties I've had with this move, I can't deny that lots of things have just fallen into place as - for the whole family - as if it was meant to me. I just. Can't. Even.
So, I am super excited. I will still go through the end of this year in my Title 1 position, but already I've been making plans and learning all about what I get to do next year.
What a blessed life I lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment