3 weeks to go, 3 weeks to go...and today we celebrate Caleb, born 5 years ago. He went to visit the doctor for his "well-child check" and did great, except when they poked his finger for the anemia test. He passed it fine, but cried a bit. Luckily I had some chocolate in my purse for just such an occasion and all was well. Apparently now "they" (the forefront of youth health?) now recommend a cholesterol test starting at age 5 too. My doctor rolled her eyes when she asked if I wanted it, which I declined. I'm not really that worried about Caleb's cholesterol levels.
We had his party this past Saturday with a lot of family and friends who were able to make the trip to Gypsum. We had a great day! The kids partied all morning at the Free Family Fun Fair in Eagle, then there was food and cake and presents and snow and fun. It was a blast, and thanks again to those of you who were able to make it. You can see in the pictures Caleb's nice spiderman face paint from the fair. Love it! He is still thrilled with all his new things and plays legos and Lincoln logs and cars and planes all day. He wasn't too impressed with the new big-boy booster style car seat, until he got to ride in it yesterday and now he pretty much thinks he's a stud.
The kids had dentist appointments last week and all went well, no cavities yet. The receptionist was talking to us about the baby coming, and she asked Caleb, "Are you going to help with the new baby?" To which Caleb replied, "Yeah, I'll have to go to work with Kip." He he he. Apparently he's feeling the weight of helping support the family on his little shoulders.
We enjoyed the annual Shaw company party this year held at the Glenwood Hot Springs. Nice to be able to swim outdoors even if it's 30 degrees. The kids had a lot fun and Shaw won extra bonus points with Caleb and Ella because they served noodles and pizza for dinner beforehand.
Ella is her usual bouncy happy self, and just goes with the flow. I think she might be a little lonely when Caleb starts going to kindergarten, but she'll have the baby to play with anyway. And maybe I can start teaching her some things with Caleb gone, since now if there's anything to be found, figured out, or answered, he has to do it, no matter who I was asking. Me: "Ella, which one matches this one?" Caleb: "THAT ONE, ELLA! THAT ONE! HERE, LET ME SHOW YOU!"
All is well, and I am keeping myself occupied with my to-do list...finish 2008 scrapbook (almost done), wash baby car seat (check), make pink dragonfly decorations (almost done), run the ward talent show next week... we seem to always have plenty of things to keep busy with. Kip took his defensive driving class so he can keep driving the Shaw truck, and muscled a new piano into the house for me over the weekend. The ward was getting rid of two perfectly nice pianos, and the bishop offered one to us, so we brought it home. It looks SO nice compared to our old one...which is now residing in the town dump. It hadn't been tuned in years, and the plastic keys were chipped, two of them didn't work, and the veneer was chipped. Plus, the new one came with a bench and all, so I can put the extra dining chair downstairs and put the bag holding my music away. woo hoo! It is a fun little change.
No comments:
Post a Comment