...to kindergarten! We found out today that Caleb's teacher will be Mrs. Dodge, and next week we get to meet her before the first day of school. We've been having a few little talks about school, and I think he's excited, although he does ask every time if he has to get any more shots. Today I was talking about how his class will have 15-20 kids in it, since pre-school only had 3...he said he only wants 13 in his class. I hope it doesn't end up being a problem. :o)
We've had a fun week and are trying to enjoy summer for all it's worth, going to parks, playing outside, that sort of thing. The weekend we hiked up Grizzly Creek (in Glenwood Canyon) and had a great time, with motor mouth Ella jabbering the ENTIRE way up..."We're in the jungle, huh mom? This is where the tigers live. Look at my shoes. I can make footprints. My shoes are stronger than the rocks. Look I can jump over this rock. There's a beautiful butterfly. There is the beautiful river. I love this hike, it is beautiful. There's a good rock for throwing in the water. The trail is skinny mom..." You get the idea. It was cracking me up. She did stop talking and cry once when she fell and scraped a knee, but got up and kept walking. She thought maybe her bones were broken, but all was well. After hiking we went the other way to Vail to ride the Gondola to the top of the mountain and look around. It's free in the summer after 4pm, beautiful at the top, and the kids had a blast doing that, too.
I guess I need to spend a little more time scrubbing out the toilets because when I came out of Ella's room after tucking her in the other night, I saw Caleb with his jammies and underpants around his ankles, leaning over and putting his head in the toilet. Nice,
Me: Caleb, what are you doing?
Caleb: Looking at all the poop on the sides of the potty. (Under the rim of the toilet, I guess)
Me: That's yucky, get your head out of the potty.
Caleb: It's not IN the potty, mom, it's not touching the water.
Oh, well, since we cleared that up. :o)
He's had fun digging up root vegetables this week - all the rest of the beets yesterday and about 1/3 of the carrot s today. We'll leave the other carrots in there for a while. Had some corn from our garden, and it wasn't perfect, but exciting that we grew it here.
Time sure flies! As I thought, it didn't take Rachel long to start flipping the other way. She can do it now, although sometimes her arm gets stuck. Darn arms getting in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment