Caleb: Mom, were you a little girl when I was born?
Me: Nope, I was 24. Now you are 5 and I am 29.
Caleb: So you're going to die pretty soon and then daddy will have to take care of us and Rachel.
So, apparently 29 is "almost dead." He he he.
But, now, on to sweet bessie! Drumroll, please...that's right folks, all my dreams have been realized. Bessie the zucchini weighed in at a whopping 5.28 pounds and won the grand champion ribbon at the Eagle County Fair. I've chronicled her life and times for you...if you remember when she was a wee little thing:
And with her mother plant, who was also proud:
And shredded her:
And baked her into delicious BESSIE BREAD!
On top of all that, the prize money was $7, and together with the other things I entered in the fair (peas, beets, beans, scrapbook, picture, brownies) I made off with a cool $25. Practically a part time job.
We had a blast at the fair and watching the rodeo, even Rachel was kicking her legs and getting excited watching all the animals. It poured down rain, so we were glad for the roof over the seating area, and felt a little sorry for the cowboys. Comes with the territory, I guess.
Then we had a blast visiting with grandma and grandpa Mitchell and Uncle John on their way through to Utah:
No comments:
Post a Comment