Today, Rachel had her first taste of "real food" - as long as you don't count the Bugle chip I let her lick earlier this week. Rice cereal with butter, and she could not have been happier about it. What fun!
She immediately flips over every time we lay her down now, then sort of "hovers" on her tummy with all her arms and legs kicking and waving. She gets very mad while we all laugh at her. :o) Then eventually we flip her onto her back again, and plop, over she goes, to hover and get mad again. Hilarious!
I missed last week because we were busy around here with Jody and Lizzie visiting, which was a BLAST! The kids had an awesome time and everyone did great playing together, and they all even went to bed when they were supposed to. Hopefully Mama Kendra got some good rest with Cayden and baby Jules.
Before that, of course, was traveling to Utah for David and Michelle's wedding, woo hoo! We had a great time seeing everyone there and attending all the fun gatherings. Grandma and Papa Mitchell were good sports about hosting 11 people and it was great to see them again. I think I forgot to mention that the last time we were there, Papa took Caleb flying with him, which Caleb loved, of course. He's one lucky little boy!
A few pictures from the wedding...look at these sassy shoes, ya'll! Way to go, Michell, woo hoo!:
and having some fun with some dead branches and cousins (I love this one!)
Here is mom and all her girls, with the groom:
Sooooo, congratulations David and Michelle! It was great to see you again Saturday.
In other news...Kip dropped an apricot on my head when he was trying to pick some to take home from Utah (I was holding the ladder), then wanted to know what smelled so funny in the car. Hmm, maybe the rotten apricot in my hair? :o) Caleb got into a fistfight in church last week when another little boy wouldn't share his fruit snacks. I had to pull Caleb off the kid, they were rolling on the floor by the time I ran up to the front of the chapel. Nice. Same day he ran up and punched our friend in the *you know where* for no reason at all. Sigh.
Ella finally did some chores and earned back her dress-up bucket, so she has been a little princess again the last few days. I am excited to make our Halloween costumes this year, like I am every year. This year she wants to be a leopard, so us three girls are all going to be leopards and the boys are going to be tigers. We're going with a jungle cat theme, I guess. Those are going to be some cute tigers and leopards! (For Kip, I am purchasing a lovely T-shirt from China on E-bay for $1 that has a "cool" tiger on it, hee hee hee).
Oh, life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment