Wednesday, November 11, 2009

4 years. My, how time flies.

Ella celebrated her 4th birthday this week, so some pictures from the fun...this is her new little vanity desk I refinished to match the girls' room (I just noticed that even her jammies match. Nice!):
She loves it, which is great. It is the worst when you spend a lot of time doing something and they don't even care. Which, when I think about it, is a lot of what parenthood is, isn't it? Spending lots of time doing things the kids don't care about or appreciate, at least until they are older and wiser (thanks mom and dad M and mom and dad T) :)
We stocked her up on lip gloss with her vanity, and you can see she made the most of it:
We had a little talk about how lip gloss is JUST for lips, and her response was her favorite questions, "Why?"
And - drumroll please - a picture of her pink flower cake with all her little boy friends, CAST- FREE! She got it off on Tuesday before her party. Her arm still looks a little bowed; as Kip says, "You can throw around a corner, Ella!" But Dr. Liotta assures me that this is normal and will straighten over time.

Caleb has been in heaven also, enjoying all of Ella's new presents, which she is nice enough to share. Stickers, paints, coloring stuff, decoratable cupcakes, thanks to all of you who gave her gifts. The kids have been having a blast! A friend and I were talking about how sometimes the things that I (as a parent) would never think to give them end up being their favorite things.

So, aside from having three great kids and a wonderful husband and fabulous life, the major highlight of the weekend was a trip to Denver for WICKED! BAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

It was amazing. Awesome. Great. Fantastic. Wonderful. I loved it. All the kids survived the babysitters, the babysitters survived the kids, we got to eat at The Cheesecake Factory, what more can a girl ask for, really? If you get a chance, go. That's all I have to say about that. I did mention that it was about the best thing ever, right? Thanks, Scott and Nichole, for helping to make it possible and providing the best lodging in the Denver Metro Area.

No comments: