I was talking with Kip last night about why Rachel is especially wonderful to have. While my 5 year old can get in fights at school, fall to pieces over dinner, and bite his sister's fingers; while my 4 year old can scream bloody murder about getting jammies on and going to bed, color on everything, and swipe at me when she's mad...my baby is ALWAYS happy to see me, ALWAYS. I can fix pretty much any problem she has just by picking her up, and maybe feeding her. Did I mention she's always happy to see me? I tell you, seeing an 8 month light up at your face can sure make up for some of the less pleasant parts of the mom day.
That being said, it is amusing to watch Ella come into her own. She is learning how to be in control of every situation. Like when I check on her at bedtime and she has a toy or book in bed...she immediately says "Here mom, I don't want this anymore." She's in charge, nonchalant. It's very important to her thay she make her own decisions and be in control of things. So yesterday I pulled out the hot sauce for the first time in a long time, while she was raising the roof at dinner time. Her response? "Mmm, I like hot sauce mom." Sassy! Hmmm. I put it on her tongue, which she willingly stuck out at me, and she took it in, didn't flinch, didn't cry, didn't even look remotely bothered. Well, I guess that no longer works, time to move on to the next thing!
We're all doing great, looking forward to AZ for Thanksgiving. Must hurry off and get ready for grocery shopping before Ella's boredom turns destructive!
No comments:
Post a Comment