Friday, July 16, 2010
beating up them!
Both of the older kids sometimes stumble over words. I assume that it's fairly normal for younger children...if it doesn't improve as they get older maybe I'll have to so something more about it. One that I hear all the time in all different times and places is about "beating up them/him/her." They are never talking about fighting or punching or kicking, but about winning, i.e., beating someone at something. Example: last day of soccer camp today. There is one girl who is a head taller than all the boys and is a fantastic player. Caleb is a little worked up because he can't get around her. He is trying so hard to tell me about it that it takes a few minutes to get it all out..."I'm trying to beat up - that girl because - she is better - and I want to be better - so I am trying to BEAT UP HER!" (Accompanied by frantic hand motions) Heehee. I think one of the things we will focus on during school is answering and talking in complete (and correct) sentences. :) So we have less questions like "Mom where is the thing, (more hand motions) that does...(?)and is...(?)where is it? I need it to beat up him."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment