Monday, July 12, 2010

Time flies

I realized last night how long it has been since I posted, so here I am.  Not that I think anyone's life is less fulfilled for my negligence, but since I am counting this as our family scrapbook/journal, I'd better keep writing.

All is well on the home front.  June flew by, with moving, art camp, visits with family and friends in town, and a trip to Oklahoma for the first time in a long time.  The kids had been asking when we were going back to Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell's for some time, and Rachel had never been there, so off we went.  The drive did not kill me, and I did not strangle the kids, so two thumbs up.  We had a blast swimming in Mr. Abbas' pool next door, going to the zoo (riding a camel), watching Toy Story 3 and Eclipse, and spending lots of time with Mom and Dad M.  Ella was thrilled to begin every morning with "Chucky Larms" cereal, and they enjoyed snacks that mommy never buys normally and all around being spoiled to perfection.  It was great!  I was so glad to visit family, and as usually happens after being separated, glad to be back home with Kip when our vacation time expired.

Right after we got back from OK, it was 4th of July weekend, and of course I had stocked up with fireworks from OK.  Thanks to David for leaving a stash from who knows how many years ago that I took; Kip used them to put on a show for the whole Thygerson family.  Great fun.  There was lots of hiking and fishing and good dirty fun over the weekend, and it took the rest of the week to get back to some kind of normal.  :)

Friday I met with my Resource Consultant from Mesa Valley Vision school, Lyn.  She has 7 kids who she has mostly home schooled and it was a lot of fun to talk with her.  She was very cool, not at all the little-house-on-the-prairie-homeschool-mom that most people still think of, regardless of the strides homeschooling has made in education circles or the number of people that are doing it.  Anyway, the software they have for this program is awesome, and I am getting excited to start our new school year soon.  Well, kind of soon.  Middle to the end of August.   

Time to get busy again and check and see where Rachel went - it's too quiet.  Pictures coming soon!

No comments: