Sunday, September 19, 2010

Time flies

Time has definitely been flying for us!  School continues to be a great time, but we're still on a learning curve for the time management, since when I am "teaching" I don't get other things done, like, I don't know, cleaning bathrooms and other trivial things.  The kids don't really care if toothpaste is smeared all over the counter, so maybe I just need to relax my standards a bit. :)

Caleb also started his arts classes through a cooperative called Living Springs and after one week of classes, the verdict is: awesome!   He is taking choir, P.E., and art and I think he will really enjoy them.  I asked if he started learning any songs in choir, and he said "No, we just said Ah-ah-ah-ah, ee-ee-ee-ee!"  (Vocal warm-ups)  But he thought that was fun.

We were able to travel around last weekend and head to Denver to go to the temple with our nephew CJ, which was awesome.  He is going on a mission to Colombia, way to go CJ!  We visited the Jensens in their sweet new pad, and the kids had fun playing with their kids there and also the Allens in Gypsum, where we stopped to see Josh S. impart his last pearls of wisdom before leaving on a mission to Seattle, WA.  It was a great trip, and we loved seeing so many people that we haven't seen in a while.

In other, VERY EXCITING news, I made it to the dentist and I have no cavities.  I know!  Thrilling, right?!

We enjoyed the Shelledy Elementary carnival (where cousins Jody and Lizzy go to school) and dance and soccer and Stake Conference and bottling tomato soup (yum!) and the Cross Orchard living farm and the Dinosaur Museum and, finally, yesterday...cleaning the bathrooms. :)  Yay!

1 comment:

Staigerfamily said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad you shared the link to your blog with me!! Your kids have a wonderful mom!