Monday, August 8, 2011

Whew!

From July 29:

We are wiping our brows after this week... We found out that are staying here in the Denver area - another company won the contract for the Gypsum job.  We were so relieved and happy to finally have word so we can get settled somewhere!  What that meant is that this week was massive home hunting in the southeast area, and today we even made an offer on something, so we'll see how things go - keep your fingers crossed.  We are praying for something to come through fast.  The kids had a good time playing over at the Smith's house as I looked all around, they were so nice to watch them for days in a row.
Funny things heard around here lately:

Caleb: ow, my legs hurt.
Ella: what? You like my skirt?

Ella:(reading from her summer school book) L-l-leg, L-l-lamp, L-l-tiger.
Me: You mean lion?
Ella:  Yeah.  Lion.

Rachel:(talking into my cell phone) Hi dad.  I'm Rachel.  I'm so pretty.  Bye!

The big kids are big helpers with McKinley.  Ella tells her stories and reads her books all the time, Caleb talks to her and gives her a binkie, and Rachel pokes her in the face. :)  She is growing fast!  She is starting to talk back to us in little coos and noises, it is fun.

We've visited parks and playgrounds, splash pads,  tiny town, the downtown aquarium (that was a full, fun day!), the children's museum- we're members after all!  I'm SO glad to have the GPS to get us around the town.  I've never lived somewhere this big and busy, but I'm much more willing to drive around and do everything with four kids when I have someone telling me where to go on the roads.

I decided against the free candy factory tour.  I figured that they must give you the tour for free so that by the end you are drooling and willing to drop a jillion dollars on their delicious treats, especially if the kids are begging and pleading and you already have major sweet tooth anyway...so no free candy factory tour for us.

Kip and the kids did get to go fishing last weekend with a co-worker, so they had a blast doing that while McKinley and  I stayed in jammies all day and relaxed.  No big catches, but I did get to hear about the port-a-johns with "something brown" on the floor.  Nice.  They enjoyed swimming in the lake.  The kids are really becoming quite the little fishes with all the swimming we do at the motel!

No comments: