We spend some time in the car together, the kids and I. We drive to and from school, or orchard options, or on field trips, or just running everyday type of errands. While in the car together last week, the two little girls started complaining that they were hungry. I did not have anything to give them, but remembered an old trick taught to me by my friend Sarali. In my brightest, cheeriest voice I announced, "Here! I have some pretend donuts!!" and reached an empty hand back to offer them the treat. They both got excited and quickly grabbed their "treat" from my empty hand and started to pretend gobbling up their donuts.
McKinley: My donuts are from Rice Krispies!
Rachel: You mean Krispy Kreme?
McKinley: YEAH!
Thank goodness for pretend snacks, right?!
Also, Ella took advantage of the many cardboard boxes we had laying around from Christmas time (before they got hauled away by Mr. Recycle truck) and built this little house/tent for her fake American Girl doll, Becca. I thought it was very impressive, - I did not help at all, I just saw it after she was done. McKinley loved it and promptly made herself at home.
Ella let her stay in long enough for me to take a picture, but then sweetly asked her not to get in anymore so it didn't get ruined for her doll. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment