Monday, December 21, 2015

Kids Say the Darndest Things #621

Setting: I am opening the fridge to get out food for lunch.  
McKinley: Mom, I want those Olaf's to eat.
Me: Um, what?
McKinley: The Olaf's. To Eat.
Me: I am not sure what you are saying.
McKinley: (loudly) OLAFS.
Me:  Ok.  What are those?
McKinley: You know, those black things you stick on your fingers and pretend like you are a monkey?
Me: (the finger bit gave me a clue) OH!  Olives?  You want some olives?
McKinley: Yes!
______________________________________________________________

Setting: In the bathroom, I am attempting a "sock bun" with Ella, which everyone on youtube assures me is very easy and will hold up well.  It is not really easy and in fact is not working at all.
Me: Hmm, sorry Ella.  Maybe I just need a longer sock because your hair is so long.  Maybe some tights or something.
Ella:  Yeah, maybe some whitie-tighties.
Me: ...do you know what whitie-tighties are?
Ella:  Tights?  That are white?
Me: Um, noooo.  It's boys underwear that is white, and tight, like briefs instead of boxer shorts.
Ella: I definitely do not want those in my hair.
*both of us crack up laughing*
______________________________________________________________

Setting: Watching "The Santa Clause : 3" movie with the kids, just because it's on and we're at Kip's hotel staying the night.  The council of legendary figures convenes, including Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Mother Nature, and and old guy with a long white beard - Father Time.
McKinley: Who is that old guy?
Rachel: Dumbledore.
Caleb: NO!  It's Father Neptune.
That seemed to satisfy everyone. :)

No comments: