Tuesday, June 23, 2009

kids say the darndest things

Setting: dinner table
Ella: Can I have some dress-up for my carrots?
___________

Setting: young women's rummage sale fundraiser, Columbine Market parking lot
Caleb: Hey mom, look at that lady with the stars on her shirt. Her bottom is SOOO big.
Me: yes I see, shhhhhh.
Caleb: It is really big. See mom? That lady right there. Look how big her bottom is!
_____

Setting: my room. Ella is coloring. I walk in to see her covering herself in marker spots.
Me: Ella, what are you doing? you're only supposed to color on the paper!
Ella: But mom....I wanted to be a leopard!
(She did a good job of it, arms and legs covered, even spots on her stomach and back. We all had a good laugh)
____

Setting: my room. Caleb just woke up and came in, I am in the bathroom.
Caleb: (Loud groans and disturbing noises)
Me: What are you doing, bud?
Caleb: (thinking) ...I'm waking up my muscles, mom.
___

Setting: bathroom. Fixing Ella's hair into ponytails.
Ella (noticing her part): Look mom, my head has a crack!
____

Setting: Caleb's room
Caleb : (picking nose, like always)
Me: Oooooh - try to get a really big one, then eat it! (attempting reverse psychology)
Caleb: Ew!
Me: No, really! Get a big one!
Caleb: (feeling around) I don't feel any big ones.
Me: Oh, too bad.
____

No comments: