Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh yeah, and...

Kip just reminded me about a great story that I forgot...last week for fun we had a picnic lunch outside under the trampoline. It was really cool because in the yard right in front of us, a couple of birds kept flying around getting worms from the grass. They would pick one up, perch on our t-posts, with the worms dangling and squirming, then fly away and return a few minutes later for some more. The kids and I were having a blast watching. We came in after lunch and I was putting everything away, when Caleb came up with his hands full of...you got it. Worms. He was saving them from the birds because, "But mom, I like the worms!" Poor guy, his face looked so tortured. I told him they would die inside, so he agreed to go out and put them in the garden so they could live in the dirt and - hopefully for his sake - be safe from the birds. Cute kid.

No comments: