Thursday, September 24, 2009

A day late...

You know the saying, "A day late and a dollar short?" Well, I would have to change that to "Enough dollars, but 4 days late." He he. The days just keep flying by and my list of things to do gets longer and not shorter! Ack! We sure have some good times, though, so can't complain.

Ella got her pink cast on Tuesday - here she is in the bath. She was SO happy that they told her she could take a bath, since with the soft one she could only shower with a plastic bag over it.
She is feeling just fine and loving all the attention that her cast gets. When people say, "Oh no! What happened?" She smiles a great big smile and says "I broke my arm!," waving it around. Usually they ask how it happened, and still smiling, and possibly hopping on one foot, she says "I jumped on Daddy's lap. Look, I can hop on one foot!" She is a hoot. We go back in two weeks for an x-ray, then probably another 2 before the cast comes off.

Rachel looked so cute yesterday I just had to pull out the camera...
And of course I had to get the other kids in on the action...
Have I mentioned before that I just love these kids to pieces? Even if they pee on the kitchen floor, spit up down my shirt, or lick up all their snot. :o)

Today was a big day for Caleb, it was Wild West Dress Up Day at school. We tried to call around and borrow some stuff, but cowboy hats are not plentiful as you might think, so we had to make an "emergency" run to the Eagle Pharmacy (aka The Nearly Everything Store. Really) where we bought three cowboy hats so we don't run into this problem again for a long, long time. He was a little miffed that we didn't have any "pants with fur all over them" (chaps?) but daddy's cool belt buckle made up for it.
He even looks like he's ready to square dance, doesn't he?
Life is good. Need to go finish building the USA puzzle with Ella, she's been asking while I've been typing. Plenty to do today - even have a houseful of beautiful new furniture we got from the Ritz in Aspen, they were "getting rid" of stuff so they could remodel the rooms. I'll take some pictures when it's all in place.

No comments: