Thanks to all for the birthday wishes - it was a a nice day. Not sure yet if I'm excited about being 30, but I guess I don't have much say in the matter. :o) Kip brought me some beautiful flowers and a cake, we bought a new computer, and I bought yellow paint for the girls' room and spent yesterday and today painting their room. It was fun, and extra exciting with a 3 yr old helper and 5 yr old helper. Caleb really did great, Ella painted herself.
While I was helping Caleb clean out his closet to get ready for kindergarten this week, we were deciding what pre-school papers to hang on the door and which to throw away. Rachel got ahold of a paper that he colored blue...

...and apparently it was yummy. She was mad when I took it away.
So, I waited to write until I could post the big picture of Caleb's first day of Kindergarten (today). He has been so excited, and we bought him an alarm clock so he can get himself up, which he thinks is the coolest thing since macaroni and cheese. Here he is posing the front yard, ready for fun!

The band-aids on his head are from the weekend - he split his head open falling off the roof of the playhouse at grandma and grandpa Thygerson's. Another cool scar.
And, here is Caleb after Kindergarten:

If it looks like he was crying, it's because he was. He sobbed and sobbed because his teacher "told me I couldn't stay and eat lunch at school." I reminded him that he was coming home with me at lunch time (which we had talked about) but it didn't make him any happier. He wanted to stay and eat there. (Most Kinders pay tuition to go full day, instead of free half day like us. About 5 0r 6 out of 60 or so are half-day). Once we got home he went in and threw himself on the bed and cried some more. Then he told me his teacher was mad at him, and some other kid told on him because he wasn't listening - he just wanted to play with the toys. Because it's hard to listen and do what the teacher wants him to do. He said, "I'm a bad kindergarten boy." :(
I just tried to stay positive and reminded him that he can try again tomorrow, so hopefully he will still WANT to go tomorrow. Time will tell. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment