Friday, September 11, 2009

saying goodbye

Yes, we've said goodbye to a few things this week. Like our little '98 Honda Civic, that has served so well all these years... Serve your new owners well, old friend. We were holding it for a family at church who had a son getting his license this month, but he ended up getting a Jeep instead. So I listed it on Craigslist, and within the hour I had someone interested here in Gypsum; they came and saw it that day, offered full asking price in cash, and we did the deal this Tuesday. Nice! Beats the heck out of the trauma we had selling that darn diesel truck. Farewell, little Civic, although I might still see you around town, eh?

This morning while I was feeding Rachel, Ella decided she wanted to say goodbye to some of her hair. Luckily, it wasn't the bangs this time, since I just bought matching clothes for us to take some family pictures. She whacked off both sides, though, so we had to have beauty shop in the bathroom to cut the back even with the sides. I would guess I cut off a good 7 or 8 inches. Sob, sob. She loves it though, I think, she keeps flipping her hair all around.


Hmm. Looks a little crooked still in the picture. I'll have to see what I can do about that...

Rachel didn't really say goodbye to anything, but loves saying hello to new foods! It is sooooo exhausting learning how to eat.And then there's Caleb, who is saying goodbye to me every morning and heading off to Kindergarten. I loved this shot with his giant backpack!:

At least he only carries lightweight papers in there. It has taken a few days to work out the bugs, and there might be some more hurdles to cross, but as of today things are okay. He was very upset about not staying for lunch and the second half of the day, so we talked about it a lot and compromised that I would bring him lunch and we'd all eat together in the cafeteria on Fridays. Tuesday of this week he still cried when I picked him up, but Wed. and Thurs. were okay and today was lunch day, so he was thrilled. He got in trouble this week when he spit on some kid in line who was "bothering him," so he had to write an apology note and he doesn't get his good behavior "treasure" (in class) for the week. There's always next week! We'll see how things continue to go.

We had a nice time in Grand Junction for the Labor Day weekend visiting with cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. Thanks, guys! The kids were especially thrilled about hiking and riding horses on Monday, so thanks Kip, Rhett, and Dad T, even though maybe taking the kids wasn't the most thrilling for you. I had a blast shopping my little heart out, so thanks to you, Mom and Dad M, and for the good company, Mom T! :o)

I've been hugging my little ones extra these last few days, as a friend of mine lost her 11 month old to a sudden blood infection. Very sad times for them, and makes me more appreciative of the time I have with my awesome family. *hugs* to you all!

No comments: